Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Lonely Ones

Growing up, I had always been looking for that friend, that one you can spill our your secrets to, someone who would stand by you no matter what.

As I've gotten older, I've been looking for that one, the man who will sweep me off my feet, the one I can't wait to get home to.
Sometimes, waiting for the "one" can be lonely. Even though I have friends and family to keep me busy and happy, I don't have that friend that I can spill all my secrets to or to come home to after a long day of school or work.
But I have started to realize that that person is there! He gave His son's life so that I may live. God is there and He will comfort and embrace me! He is always there to talk to. He understands my pain of loneliness, and He is using it to teach me to rely and lean on Him. 
It is difficult sometimes for me to not go into that pitiful mindset of how I don't have that person. God understands that, but He wants me to take those feelings and hand them over to Him. To allow Him full control of my desires. He has plans for me that will make me happier and more fulfilled than any I could make myself. So why should I be sad now, when I know that this is a temporary state of loneliness and solidarity. If God wants me to be single for the rest of my life, I know He will fill my heart with the desires that align to His plan.
The only way to get through those sad and broken feeling days is to allow God to lift me up and comfort me!

Here are some verses God has placed on my heart to comfort me:


"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for I entrust you with my life."
- Psalm 143:8


"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."
- Psalm 5:11

"May your unfailing love be my comfort,
according to your promise to your servant."
- Psalm 119:76

Prayer for the Lonely
Dear Lord,
Thank you for your unfailing love and comfort. 
God, you know my desire for companionship and love.
Help me to reach to you when feeling lonely and down.
Lead me to no longer look through the world to fill that void, but teach me to search for you first.
Lord, strengthen my heart so that I can constantly grow in your word.
Please surround me with your love and your peace in those loneliest of times.
Thank you for allowing me to lean on you and for everything you have done and sacrificed!
In your name,
Amen.


xoxo,
jamie brooke

0 Comments:

Powered by Blogger.