Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Life Lately...

I have been so busy lately, as you can tell from my lack of posts the past week or so.

First of all, my summer classes are coming to an end soon! (Yay!!)
Which also means the summer is coming to an end soon. (Boo!)
Lately, I have been preparing to move back to my university for the fall semester. (I'm finally a senior!)
Also, my sister is moving to South Korea to start teaching English!! How crazy is that?! I'm so excited for her, but also a little nervous O.O I just hope that she loves it there and has the experience of a lifetime. I can't wait to visit either ^.^
Other than those things, I have been practicing my ukulele ALOT! I am a little obsessed with it!

Also, I have really been working on trying to lose some weight. I have had some setbacks, but I've been persevering through it! I'm just trying to lose some more weight before I head back to school, so I can make some really great first impressions :)

I have done a little soul searching and praying lately and discovered some things God placed on my heart. I have really been struggling with some things in my relationship with God.
Like I have said in the past, I have a few trust issues, and I have really been working on getting over those, so that God can use me to His best ability.
I feel like I have just been holding back so much from Him, which is absolutely ridiculous to do!
He is there for me to lay my burdens and instead I just keep them all inside and try to deal with them on my own. I feel like I've just been a whiny and bratty little kid! I bet it's really annoying for the big guy up there!
Anyways, I've started to get over that because what's the point in not trusting Him?
He has the perfect life planned out for me and I just have to go with the flow (His flow) and let Him lead me.


I need to truly learn how to not be such a control freak! He has such great plans and purpose for all of us, why not give Him the chance to fulfill those purposes?

What have you been up to lately?

xoxo,
jamie brooke

3 Comments:

mscdyson said...

I nominated you for the Liebster Award :)

-Courtney

Jess said...

Your sister is going to have the BEST time in South Korea. I have been teaching here for the past year and am just getting ready to leave. It's been such a great adventure!

Danielle Leal said...

I am trying so hard to lose weight also. Its so hard, but I know I can do it and you can too!

I really like that scripture! Thank you so much for sharing it. It is definitely what I needed.
xo,
Danielle

Powered by Blogger.