Tuesday, March 27, 2012

You know those days,

The ones where it seems as though the whole world is plotting against you?

Well, today has been one of those very long and tedious days, and it is only 9:45 am!
I have these extreme hives sometimes that are super swollen and painful. They had started back in December with my hand swelling so large that I couldn't even move it or any of my fingers. So my whole Christmas break was spent being sent around from doctor to doctor, trying to figure out what was wrong with me. They couldn't figure it out and so they put me on some medications that make it go away for awhile. So I was on the medicine, and they would go away and come back, till eventually they just disappeared. While on the medicine, I didn't want to do anything, they totally zapped my energy. I wanted to be off them and never have to worry about it again. Anyway, I have been off of the pills since the beginning of February.
Back to today, I woke up already feeling sick from a cold that has been progressing the past couple of days. And then, I looked down at my hand and it was swollen and painful, like the hives I had before.
So, I had to take some of the energy zapping pills and hopefully those hives will be disappearing as well. 
Already feeling like crap, I had to run off to work. Once I get to work, I go to the restroom to blow my nose because of this stupid cold. I then proceed to look in the mirror, and guess what! There is a huge black mark across my white shirt, just outlining my feminine curves! So, I try and wash it out, and seeing as my day is being stupid, it doesn't wash out, so now I have not only a black mark outlining my boob, but I also have a wet spot surrounding it. And then I remember that I am meeting one of my friends right after work to have dinner and then head to bible study, so no time to change!
After all this happened, I just feel like crap. I texted my mom to tell her about my awful morning and she reminds me where to put my focus. This is what she texted me: "Sounds like a bad day. Please don't let it get you down. On the upside, at least you have fun plans with friends and at least you have a boob." Can I just interrupt and say I love this woman, she is amazing! Anyway, continuing "Days can be like that. You are truly very lucky you know. This is small bad luck. The day will turn around with your attitude adjustment. Thank God for all your good stuff."
This just kind of struck me, I am normally a very thankful person for all the blessings God has placed in my life. But because of these stupid illness, that can be easily cured, and my own vanity, I let myself get distracted from the things and people that God has blessed me with daily. 
Although, these things can sometimes feel like the end of the world, especially feeling sick can, they are far from it. There are so many people in the world that have so much less than I do. 
I think this is something God has been trying to teach me as well, although times can get bad, I should still praise Him for all the things He has done for me. Even though in those times, I am in the worst mood, I still need to be patient and fix my bad attitude. 


Hopefully, all of you guys have been having a fantastic day so far!
xoxo,
jamie brooke

1 Comment:

jamie brooke said...

thank you!
btw. I absolutely love Go Fish :)

xoxo,
jamie brooke

Powered by Blogger.