Saturday, June 2, 2012

Weight Loss

So I've been trying to lose some weight! It's been hard, but I know the end result is worth it.
I can't wait to come back to school in the Fall and show off all the hard work I've accomplished this summer! Since the beginning of May, I've lost about 9 pounds! WooHoo!
Today I am starting a new plan and combining it with the one I'm already doing!
Lately, I've been eating 1,600 or less calories a day and exercising off at least 500!
I read on Lauren Conrad's blog about her lifestyle plan that she follows, so I plan to follow suite!
Any way here is her plan if any of you would like to join me on this journey! :)


Shape Up: My Bikini Boot Camp Plan
by Lauren Conrad
lauren conrad glamour magazineIt’s May ladies. And this can only mean one thing: Bikini season is upon us.Yikes! If you’re like me, you are probably thinking that you could use a little toning before slipping into that two-piece over Memorial Day weekend. Or perhaps you’re a procrastinator and keep telling yourself that you will work out…tomorrow. No matter your attitude toward fitness, it’s safe to say that we should all aim to be the best versions of our selves: Fit, healthy, and fabulous. That’s why I am sharing my Bikini Boot Camp Plan with you guys…
When bikini season is on the line, fasts and fad diets may be tempting. But don’t fall victim! Instead, dedicate yourself to a healthy lifestyle. That’s how you will get the best results. The cherry on top? Your results will actually last! I enlisted my trainer, Jarett Del Bene, to share the best exercises to get your body fit and toned for that two-piece and have put together my favorite healthy meals too. My Bikini Boot Camp Plan is similar to my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans one so hopefully this will get you back on track if you've strayed since earlier this year. Remember, stay focused on eating healthy and dedicate yourself to exercising regularly. So here’s the deal…
My Bikini Boot Camp Plan:
The Rules

  • This is a lifestyle change, so do not think of it as a diet. Try to stick with this as long as you can! 
  • Don’t lose sight of your goals. You can do this!
  • Drink lots and lots of water. {Jarett’s Tip: “Drink one ounce of water for every pound you weigh per day. For example, if you weigh 120 pounds, drink 120 ounces of water throughout the day.”}
  • As soon as you wake up, have one cup of lemon water. Make sure you drink it at least 30 minutes before you eat.
  • Pick one exercise to do every day (save one day for rest). Need a little inspo? Listen to my workout mix! {Jarett’s Tip: Have a power snack before your workout such as sliced apples dipped in some all-natural peanut butter.”}
  • Do all of the exercises listed under “Everyday Exercises” each day in addition to your selected workout.
  • Pick one meal from each category for each day.
  • Pick one snack for each day. 
The Off-Limits List
  • No candy, baked goods, or ice cream. Ideally, no sugar!
  • No soda or flavored drinks.
  • No white bread or rice.
  • No eating 2-3 hours before bed. 
Breakfast Options
  • 1 slice of whole grain toast with one scrambled egg and half of a grapefruit
  • Banana Oatmeal Smoothie: Blend together one banana, 1 cup ice, ¼ cup cooked oatmeal, 1 tablespoon chopped almonds, ½ cup milk of your choice (I prefer almond milk), pinch of cinnamon
  • Low-fat yogurt with 1 sliced banana, ½ cup of fresh berries, and a drizzle of agave nectar
  • Egg whites served with a slice of toast with ¼ of an avocado mashed on top with chili flakes or a pinch of garlic salt
Lunch & Dinner Options
  • 1 cup of your favorite low sodium, organic soup served with a side of steamed vegetables
  • Salad with mixed greens, ½ avocado, 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, 1 sliced cucumber, ¼ cup slivered almonds, ½ cup cooked quinoa (mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon, salt and pepper for the dressing)
Snacks
  • Pear or apple with string cheese
  • Greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds
  • Hummus and veggies
  • Raw vegetables 
Exercise Options
  • Run for 45 minutes 
  • Alternate sprinting and walking for 60-90 seconds for 30 minutes
  • 1 hour of yoga, kickboxing or Pilates
  • 45 minutes of spin
  • Circuit: 10 pushups, 30 lunges, 30 bicycle crunches, jumping jacks for 60 seconds, plank for 60 seconds (repeat 2x)
  • 20 minutes of cardio of your choice (Make sure you break a sweat!)
  • 2 sets of my arm workout + 30 squats, 30 lunges, 30 leg lifts for each leg
Everyday Exercises
  • 50 crunches in the morning, 50 crunches at night
  • 60 second plank in the morning, 60 second plank at night {Jarett’s Tip: “Make sure your core is engaged by sucking in your belly button towards your spine.”}
If you follow this plan strictly for the next few weeks, you will be in great shape by Memorial Day weekend. Just remember to keep your eyes on the prize and to focus on your goals: Getting toned, healthy and fit! Most importantly, listen to your body, drink lots of water, get at least eight hours of sleep every night, and stick to your workout plan!
Over the next few weeks, I will be checking in with you to see how you are doing. I will also be sharing exclusive exercise tips from my trainer, Jarett, along with more flat-belly friendly foods. Get excited! Get motived. And get ready to confidently slip into your favorite summertime swimwear!
Are you going to join me in my Bikini Boot Camp Plan? Let me know in the comments below!
XO Lauren
P.S. I always find it easier to get back in shape and eat healthy when I buddy up with a friend... Share this post with your bestie and get fit together!

I would love to hear any weight loss/ healthy living advice from any of you! 
xoxo,jamie brooke

5 Comments:

Kasey said...

congrats on 9lbs lost!! that's awesome :):) just came across your blog and thought I'd say hello and please feel free to come check out my blog some time :D

jamie brooke said...

Thanks love! Your blog is adorable :)

xoxo,
jamie brooke

Katie Jo said...

This post is awesome! I just pulled out my journal to take some notes. Great little pointers :)
--Katie Jo

Requav said...

I'd be excited to impart my own weight loss knowledge with you. No one is aware what that looks like except he has to go through it themself. Thus I tasted numerous weight loss supplements. Then I can mention that nothing aided me how the preceding ones did. You possibly can watch more on that here link.

Appnut said...

Thanks for sharing excellent informations on fat burner and how to lose weight. You, my pal, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched all over the place and simply couldn’t come across.
.......................................................
weight loss

Powered by Blogger.