Monday, August 13, 2012

Being Healthy...

As you all know, I've been trying to lose some weight this summer!
So far, I've lost 15 pounds! Yay!
Here are some of my older posts about losing weight: Healthy Tips and Bikini Boot Camp Plan
I wanted to share some things I've learned through this process today.

  • First and foremost, it didn't take you one day to put on all this weight, so don't expect for it to take one day to get it all off. The way I'm doing it is making this healthy living a lifetime change. When I get to my goal weight, I'm still going to be eating healthy and working out.
  • Second, I've learned that I'm no longer allowed to procrastinate. This is it. There's no more saying, "Oh, I really want that dessert, so I'll start my diet tomorrow!". No, that is changing to, "I really want that fattening dessert, but I would rather be healthy." 
    • Think about it this way: In six months, I won't be thinking about what I gave up, I'll just be glad I started when I did. Six months from now, I'll look back and be proud. In the past it was easy to put off working for it, but no longer!
Six months from now, you will be glad you started today!
  • Thirdly, do what works for you. My mom and I are both trying to lose weight at the same time. She follows Weight Watchers and writes down everything little thing she eats. That works for her. For me though, I can't do that and do well. I know how to eat healthy so I just do. I eat less and choose better things to eat. I think it is important to make sure you choose the path best for you. I would recommend for anyone just starting out with dieting and weight loss to keep a food journal, I think it helped greatly in the past with me; which is probably why I don't need one now. Just make sure you are choosing the best options for yourself. You are the only one in control of your body!
  • On that same note, I also learned that setting goals is important. I have a dead set goal to reach my ultimate goal weight by December. This is going to happen, I'm not going to let myself delay that any further. I think everyone should set manageable and reasonable goals. Don't expect to lose 5 or 10 pounds a week! If you do, that's great, just make sure you are doing it the healthy way. 
  • Also, weighing yourself is important to see where you stand, but don't do it compulsively. Some people need to weigh themselves every week, while others weigh themselves once a month. I personally weigh in every other week, because I will get myself down if I weigh in every week. It's important not to push yourself to hard. 
    • A couple years ago, I dieted and worked out so hard and got down to the smallest I have ever been. I was upset with myself because I thought it wasn't good enough, causing me to go backwards. I gained all that weight I lost back and more. If I had just been realistic about my goals and didn't compulsively weigh myself, I would probably still be in that great shape I was then!
  • Lastly, don't forget to have fun! There are plenty of great meals out there that are tasty and healthy. I would recommend looking at Hungry Girl for some great healthy and fun recipes and ideas! Also, exercise can be fun, it doesn't have to be a chore! Dance around while cleaning the house, walk with your family, play an outside game, just move around and have fun doing it!

Do you have any good health tips?

xoxo,
jamie brooke

6 Comments:

Chrissy said...

This is such a great post and right on time! I know how to eat healthy as well, I just think that if I have a plan like WW to stick to I will be more successful! So this was really helpful for me!
Thanks so much!
Hugs xxx

Shelby said...

Congratulations, that amazing!! I need to lose weight too. This post inspired me to start!:)

brynn said...

Congratulations Jamie! What a great accomplishment so far.

jamie brooke said...

Absolutely! I highly recommend WW, you will do fantastic :)

jamie brooke said...

Thank you! Getting the motivation is half the battle!
Let me know how it goes sweetie ^.^

jamie brooke said...

Thank you Brynn! ^.^

Powered by Blogger.