Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fearless

Fear... a word that has so much power on almost everyone.
God has called us to be fearless, not in the fearless "I'm going to go run in front of a speeding train" way.
But in the way that you aren't afraid of being judged or rejected by people.
God calls us to fearlessly proclaim His name. I think a lot of us get caught up in our own fear, I know I do.
But God will give us the strength to be fearless if we ask Him for it.
God will never lead us into something we cannot handle.
Although we may be afraid, ask God to give us fearlessness, and He will.
I think the more we go boldly and fearlessly in His name, the easier it gets.
"Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." Ephesians 6:19-20
I love the way Paul says "ambassador in chains", an ambassador as defined in the dictionary is an official representative of an organization or movement.
God calls us all to be ambassadors in His name. Even though we may be chained by the world, we have ultimately given those chains over to the Lord, and He will give us the power to proclaim His name! And even though Paul was in chains at the time (he was literally in jail at the time of this letter), He knew God called Him to fearlessly go forth and proclaim His name! He knew that he couldn't speak fearlessly without God's power.
I think it is important for all of us to keep Paul's prayer on our own heart, so that we may be able to go fearlessly out into the world.


xoxo,
jamie brooke

0 Comments:

Powered by Blogger.